Want me to notify you when I add new material?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Debate Continues on College


I’ve really enjoyed Erika Kinetz’s article, Practice, Practice, Practice. Go to College? Maybe that appears in the Dec 21 edition of the New York Times. In a very bold way she has approached the dilemma every young dancer is eventually faced with. Much of the article revolves around Kinetz’s interview of Mark Morris, and while his perspective is not that of a ballet dancer it hardly changes anything. This is a must see for every young dancer out there.

I was struck by the fact that Mark Morris has 5 honorary doctorates. I'd like to know more about how he recieved them. For everyone that hasnt chosen college I can only imagine recieving one would be like winning the lotto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home