Want me to notify you when I add new material?

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Audio on Washington Ballet

Kojo Nnamdi, a radio host on WAMU in Washington has done a nice report/interview with some great guests. I really enjoyed listening to this piece, although its such a stong issue it was hard for me not to have knee jerk reactions towards some of the things that were said. The interview includes a full array of perspectives as we hear from Sarah Kauffman Washington dance critic, two dancers Chip Coleman and Louis Torres, Alan Gordon AGMA’s exec director, and artistic director Septime Webre. I don’t want to spoil any parts of the interview so I wont say much about it. It is 26 min in length. you can visit the website, or go directly for the audio stream at Real Audo and Windows Media Player. I’d love to hear comments on your reaction to this.
"A labor dispute that had been brewing for nearly a year at The Washington Ballet boiled over in December. With audiences disappointed at the cancellation of The Nutcracker, and the remaining performance season now on hold, we find out what's at stake for the dancers the Ballet Company, and the audience."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole thing made me sick to my stomach.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home